I thought I would share one of my favourite night time makeup looks using the Naked Palette 3, so following these steps you can achieve this look! Thanks to my little sis Aoife, for being brave enough to put her naked face on the web (you go girl!). I’ll start with the base tutorial but you can skip further down for the eyeshadow tutorial!
- Make sure you have moisturised before applying primer. I used Gosh Classic Foundation Primer all over and Benefit’s The Porefessional on her nose and chin. Porefessional is great for blemishes but lucky Aoife has great skin!
2. Aoife has redness along her cheeks and nose. I used Max Factor CC Colour Corrector along her cheek and on the front of her nose to help conceal the redness. This is great when blended with foundation! I then used Makeup Academy’s Pro base Prime and Conceal, using the peach colour I concealed her under eyes!
3. From there I mixed L’Oréal Paris True Match foundation in Rosy Ivory and MakeUp Academy’s Illuminating Foundation in Porcelain together. I used Real Techniques Stippling Brush to buff it into the skin.
4. I then used Topshop’s Glowstick on the upper cheek bone, along the brow bone, the temples, the bridge of her nose and her cupid’s bow. Then using a clean sponge I blended it into the skin.
5. Using a blush brush, I dabbed Makeup Academy’s Cream Blush in Yummy on her cheeks blended it out after I dabbed the stippling brush along the cheek so the colour wouldn’t be too strong.
6. I set her foundation lightly with Rimmel London’s Clear Complection Clarifying Powder in the colour 021 Transparent. This powder is good because it minimises breakouts and controls shine!
6. Using Barry M’s eyebrow duo in the Colour Medium, I filled her eyebrows, (My new favourite eyebrow product).
1. Prime the eyes. I used Urban Decay’s Primer Potion and it’s the best primer I’ve found. Your eyeshadow is guaranteed to stay in place and not crease.
2. I applied the colour Buzz all over the lid and Trick on the inner lid.
3.Using a fluffy real techniques shading brush I blended Nooner into the crease.
4. I then used the same Darkside on the outer corner of the eye in a v shape.
5. I used dust on the inner lid and to finish it off used Buzz on the lower lash line
6. Then using your favourite eyeliner, wing it out! I used Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner .
7. I curled her eyelashes with an eyelash curler and Urban Decay’s Perversion as mascara.
I used Rimmel London’s Apocalips Lip Lacqeur in shade Celestial.
So this is the finished look, doesn’t she look gorgeous 🙂
So there you have it, my go to make up look. Show me your favourite looks or how you recreated it by tagging me on instagram @yabighamya
Until next time,
I am a media student in Acadamh na hOllscoilaíochta Gaeilge based in Carraroe which is a branch of NUIGalway. I am studying Na Dana Cumarsáid! As part of the course I learn about Radio,Television/Film and Journalism through irish. I’m in my second year of a four year degree and next year I will begin my 9 month placement in TG4 ( excitinggg eeeep).
As a media student we get to do a ton of practical stuff with cameras and with microphones and studio time. I’ve had 12 week radio programme as Gaeilge on Flirt Fm, where I learned how to present and produce a radio show with a team. I mainly did presenting and I got to interview a lot of cool people! So far this has been my favourite module!
Other modueles have included script writing, producing a film, editing sound and video, presenting skills in front of the camera, learning HTML and Gimp.
I plan to write about some of the stuff I’m working on and stuff that I have completed as part of my course !
So watch this space there’s more to come,
Hi guys so this is my first ever wish list on the blog. I really like reading other peoples wish lists so I decided to add this feature to mine.
I’ll post things that I’ve spotted over a month at a time. I’ll be posting things like make-up, hair accessories/products, jewellery, books, albums and miscellaneous bits and pieces.
So without further ado here is my March Wish List!
1. No7 Skin Illuminator
I got my hands on some No7 vouchers for my birthday, so the next time I’m in Boots I’ll be picking up this little gem. I’ve heard so many great things about this illuminator and coming into the summer months I love the dewy look!
2. Contour Powder / Blush Palette
I’ve heard so many good things about this product and when I saw it in action on Exposé, I decided I needed to add it to my makeup collection. I like the fact the palette includes blushes as well as contour powders because it makes it more compact.
3. MAC Living Legend – Lipstick
I’m a big fan of red lipsticks. I’m a big believer that a red lip can lift your make up! I saw this colour on one of my favourite MUA’s BuffandBlend !
You can find these lipstick in any MAC or Brown Thomas Shop around Ireland!
4. Smash box Oil Free Primer
I’m jetting off on my holidays in a few weeks time so I’m looking for make up that lasts in the heat! I’ve read a ton of good reviews about this primer. So I cant wait to test out this primer in the desert!
5. Ribba Picture Ledge
I’m always looking for ways to make my room more organised. I love my ever-growing nail polish collection but I never found a good way of putting them on display, until now.
While browsing on the ikea website (bad habit), I spotted these guys! I know that they’re picture ledges, but I think they could work as a nail polish display!
6. ASOS Chunky Cat Eye Sunglasses
I love sunglasses! They can instantly change your outfit! So I really want to add these bad boys to my collection!
You can find them here:
If you guys buy any of the items on my wish list, please let me know by tagging me on Instagram @yabighamya
Until next time,
If you’ve been visiting my blog and noticed I haven’t posted in a while, I have a very good reason.
Not only that but you may have noticed I got a makeover. A lovely woman named Jana also known as LittleWebWritingHood was working on my little blog!
For a long time I was unhappy with the appearance of my blog and I felt that it wasn’t representing me 100%. So I did a little research and I found Jana’s shop on Etsy. After reading through her reviews and packages, I was really confident that she could design something unique and something that represented me!
Jana sent me a form to fill out, with what I wanted for my blog and ideas I had! From there she created a header and we chopped and changed until I was happy. It was great because we were in constant contact and Jana had no problem tweaking things until I was happy.
Then Jana went away to work on my test blog and we continued to alter things until I was happy! Jana showed great interest in my blog and I got the feeling that not only was this a job for her, but that she actually has a genuine passion for it!
After a few days we both agreed that it was time to install. Overnight, just like that Make Up Don’t Fake Up was beautified!
I’m really happy with the end result and if any bloggers out there want to spruce up their blog be sure to get in touch with Jana!
You can find Jana’s Shop on Etsy here – https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/LittleWebWritingHood
Until next time,
P.S If you guys want more information about Etsy check out my post here :Etsy-online-shopping-haven