Lots of these types of posts have been floating around the web and I’ve decided to join in. Yes, I know it’s still november and some of you are are like
or want to do this
but if you’re anything like me, you’ll look like this at the mention of the C word.
Men’s Gift Guide
- Scratch Map | €22 http://www.internationalbooks.ie/scratchmap
- Manfrotto Tripod | €24.99 http://www.harveynorman.ie/manfrotto-pixi-white-tripod.html
- Daniel Wellington St Mawes Men’s Watch | €119 http://www.fields.ie/watches/daniel-wellington/
- Nespresso Coffee Machine | €119.96 http://www.harveynorman.ie/-nespresso-coffee-machine/
- Skydive | €299 http://skydive.ie/shop/training-assisted-free-fall/
- Parrot A.R Drone 2.0 Power Edition | €349 http://www.harveynorman.ie/drones/
- Recording Session | Varied http://www.apstudios.net/gift-vouchers/
Women’s Gift Guide
I will forever scroll through online boutiques or stroll through shops for a bargain. There are many items of clothing or accessories which if copied look cheap. However, I’m a firm believer that you can take inspiration from certain styles and those styles can be incorporated into affordable prices.
So you’ve spotted these amazing boots and they’ll look great at the Christmas party but wait, you’re so far away from pay day.
but then you read this post and you realise all is well in the world
and maybe just maybe you can buy those boots after all.
1. Over The Knee Boot
Over the knee boots are everywhere these days and I love them. Like most trends the over the knee boot faze won’t last forever.
1. €80.88 http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-KICK-IT-OFF-Over-The-Knee-Boots/
2. €36.99 http://www.misspap.co.uk/kayleigh-black-suede-thigh-high-boots.aspx
2. Denim Mini Skirt
A trend that we has crossed over from the Summer is the denim skirt. I love that it has lasted different seasons because you know that when you purchase it, it won’t go out of style in a matter of weeks. I bought mine at the end of the summer and I love it!
1. €42.65 http://www.asos.com/Vero-Moda/Vero-Moda-A-Line-Denim-Skirt/
2. €24 http://www.boohoo.com/day-skirts/kelly-denim-button-front-mini-skirt/invt/azz00436
3. The Cape
I LOVE this trend. I bought this Penneys version on the right. Such a bargain and so wearable this time of year!
1. €49 https://www.missguided.eu/plus-size-chunky-knitted-cape-grey
2. €19 from Penneys.
Another big trend we saw moving from one season to another was the floppy hat. I picked it up in Penneys a few weeks ago and I love it. This is a great way to add colour to an outfit and a colour that will always stay on trend!
1. €37 http://eu.riverisland.com/women/accessories/hats/dark-purple-black-trim-floppy-hat-670937
2. €10 in Penneys.
5. Ankle Grazers
As a short gal these jeans are a godsend! Jeans always scrunch up at the bottom so I’m loving how these fit me to a T!
1. €52 http://eu.topshop.com/en/tseu/product/clothing-485092/jeans-485111/ankle-grazer-jeans-4346724/moto-vintage-rinse-leigh-jeans-4064900?bi=0&ps=200
2. €27 http://www.boohoo.com/skinny-jeans/abby-high-rise-skinny-blue-black-jeans/invt/azz21568
happy reading & tea drinking,
I’m always on the lookout for new and up and coming beauty products, especially Irish products. Ireland is a small country and so I think it’s important to support homegrown products. I’ve compiled a list of my favourite Irish Beauty Products.
Some of you may know I’m not a huge fake tan user. However, when I’m craving that summer glow I opted for Cocoa Brown. Cocoa Brown was created in 2012 by Marissa Carter. CB started off with just one product, a 1 hour tan and now has 8 products. I really like the ‘Tough Stuff’ exfoliator and ‘1 hour tan mousse’.
I buy CB in Penneys/Primark but they are stocked in most pharmacies around the country.
|Courtesy of Blank Canvas
Blank Canvas are an Irish based affordable cosmetic brand. They sell high quality brushes, contour palettes and much more. I really like the brand because of their brushes and to me they are on the same level as Sigma. The brush pictured above is the F15 small contour brush, I love it for setting concealer under the eye.
Did you know your make up can expire? One thing I’ve noticed over the years of applying make up is I constantly forget to throw out old make up and instantly regret it. Make up like any food or drink goes off. So I’ve put together a list and tip and tricks to remember when to throw out that flaky mascara or that gooey foundation.
I can’t empathize how important it is to keep an eye on a date. Expired make up can cause breakouts, and can lead to inflammation aka redness, bumps , a rash, blisters and swelling!
Another trick I have picked up is checking the little tub that you see on the back of most makeup products. The figure means the amount of months the product is ok to use from the time it is opened.
happy reading & tea drinking,
The night was held in the Tivoli Theatre.
|Courtesy of Blog Awards Ireland Facebook
Claire Cullen, pictured below, and Darragh Doyle presented the night! They did a great job and gave a great shout out to the Irish Blogger facebook group!
There was so much choice but I decided to eat some Home Fries. The lovely girls at Boohoo gave out sweets!
What I wore.
I bought a lovely dress in TK Maxx and I thought it went well with the theme! My hair was done by the lovely Maria in Annette’s Hairdressers in Galway city.
We won BRONZE
Not only was the night amazing but we came home with a title ourselves. Make Up Don’t Fake Up is officially a bronze winner in the best beauty blog category!! WOOO 🙂
Thanks to everyone who voted for my blog this is an unbelieveable achievement and I’m ECSTATIC !
Happy reading & tea drinking,