Fake eyelashes are great way to make your eye make up more dramatic. I have been using fake eyelashes for years and I think I’ve mastered the technique of application but I always forget one thing. I never remember to buy them!
Frequently, I’ll be going out with my friends or to a family event and I want to add to my look but I never remember to buy them.
So, I scoured the internet looking for ways to make my eyelashes fuller and longer and I came across a little secret make-up artists use. Baby powder. Yes, you read that correctly.
It gets a little messy so wait until after your lash is done to apply your foundation! I used my sister Aoife to demonstrate 🙂
What you need
2. Baby Powder
3. Cotton Buds
So here’s how I did it!
1. Curl your eyelashes using an eyelash curler.
2. Apply a few coats of mascara. At the moment I’m using Better than Sex mascara by Too Faced and I’m loving it!
3. Then grab a cotton bud and apply the baby powder on both sides of the lashes.
4. Then apply your mascara and if you have a disposable mascara even better!
5. You’ll notice that your eyelashes are thicker and fuller.
With a little practice you should be able to perfect this trick!
Tag me in your fake lash looks!
I thought I would share one of my favourite night time makeup looks using the Naked Palette 3, so following these steps you can achieve this look! Thanks to my little sis Aoife, for being brave enough to put her naked face on the web (you go girl!). I’ll start with the base tutorial but you can skip further down for the eyeshadow tutorial!
- Make sure you have moisturised before applying primer. I used Gosh Classic Foundation Primer all over and Benefit’s The Porefessional on her nose and chin. Porefessional is great for blemishes but lucky Aoife has great skin!
2. Aoife has redness along her cheeks and nose. I used Max Factor CC Colour Corrector along her cheek and on the front of her nose to help conceal the redness. This is great when blended with foundation! I then used Makeup Academy’s Pro base Prime and Conceal, using the peach colour I concealed her under eyes!
3. From there I mixed L’Oréal Paris True Match foundation in Rosy Ivory and MakeUp Academy’s Illuminating Foundation in Porcelain together. I used Real Techniques Stippling Brush to buff it into the skin.
4. I then used Topshop’s Glowstick on the upper cheek bone, along the brow bone, the temples, the bridge of her nose and her cupid’s bow. Then using a clean sponge I blended it into the skin.
5. Using a blush brush, I dabbed Makeup Academy’s Cream Blush in Yummy on her cheeks blended it out after I dabbed the stippling brush along the cheek so the colour wouldn’t be too strong.
6. I set her foundation lightly with Rimmel London’s Clear Complection Clarifying Powder in the colour 021 Transparent. This powder is good because it minimises breakouts and controls shine!
6. Using Barry M’s eyebrow duo in the Colour Medium, I filled her eyebrows, (My new favourite eyebrow product).
1. Prime the eyes. I used Urban Decay’s Primer Potion and it’s the best primer I’ve found. Your eyeshadow is guaranteed to stay in place and not crease.
2. I applied the colour Buzz all over the lid and Trick on the inner lid.
3.Using a fluffy real techniques shading brush I blended Nooner into the crease.
4. I then used the same Darkside on the outer corner of the eye in a v shape.
5. I used dust on the inner lid and to finish it off used Buzz on the lower lash line
6. Then using your favourite eyeliner, wing it out! I used Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner .
7. I curled her eyelashes with an eyelash curler and Urban Decay’s Perversion as mascara.
I used Rimmel London’s Apocalips Lip Lacqeur in shade Celestial.
So this is the finished look, doesn’t she look gorgeous 🙂
So there you have it, my go to make up look. Show me your favourite looks or how you recreated it by tagging me on instagram @yabighamya
Until next time,